At the Sugar Puddin’ headquarters, you have the opportunity to grow with a fresh, popular food brand with a big vision and an even bigger passion for baking delicious, down-home inspired sweets that warm the heart!
BAKERY CLERK (Hiring Immediately)
MUST. LOVE. FOOD. AND. SERVICE. That's really what it's all about, and Sugar Puddin' aims to always provide an excellent experience for our customers through baking exceptional food and offering friendly, professional service. Your passion for making good food, hard work and customer-focused energy will help us meet that goal as a member of our bakery staff.
A professional, optimistic personality and the ability to take the initiative on daily tasks is VERY important as micro-managing is not something we enjoy doing. Instead, we want to train you on our pastry playbook (of proprietary recipes and packaging standards), and let you run with the proverbial (butter) ball!
- Starting pay rate: $12/hour with potential for pay increase within 60 days.
- A food handler's certification may be required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Commercial kitchen and/or bakery experience is preferred.
- A personal passion for baking is a huge plus!
- Culinary students are strongly encouraged to apply.
As a Bakery Clerk, some of your duties will include:
- preparing and pre-measuring ingredients.
- following recipes and baking procedures while preparing products.
- packaging baked goods for local pickup, delivery and nationwide shipment.
- monitoring products dates, ensuring product quality, and stocking inventory in refrigeration units.
- assisting customers with special orders and product selection.
- ensuring compliance with all food safety and sanitation requirements throughout your daily work.
- cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas, tools, and equipment.
- restocking ingredients, packaging and supplies.
- assembling bakery boxes and shipping materials.
- performing general housekeeping: dishwashing, clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High school diploma or equivalent; with 1-2 years Bakery experience; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including night, weekends, and holidays.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior, have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able to answer phones and take special orders
- Be able to operate and use knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, computers and printers as needed. Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift. This role also requires vertically transferring trays up to 5 lbs., from 7” to 64” for up to 10 hours, and vertically/horizontally transferring items up to 50 lbs., from 5” to 36”, for a distance up to 36 feet for up to 10 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations, while achieving and maintaining a Food Handlers permit.
- Be a self-starter and be willing to wear many hats in a busy bakery environment.
- Have a sharp eye for detail and very high presentation standards.
- Have an optimistic, can-do attitude and willingness to assist the team.
- Be willing to work on some weekends as needed.
- Have reliable transportation to work (Note: We are located directly on the DART Rail line in Downtown Dallas).
If this sounds like you, we invite you apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Subject: Bakery Clerk Applicant.