At the Sugar Puddin’ headquarters, you have the opportunity to grow with a fresh, popular food brand with a big vision and an even bigger passion for baking delicious, southern-comfort recipes that warm the heart!
We are looking for professional, dependable kitchen and operations staff that can understand and adopt the Sugar Puddin’ standard of providing first-class baked goods and service to our local and nationwide customers.
Packaging Clerk (Hiring Immediately)
If you're a self-described "neat freak" that really enjoys boxing/bagging things, organizing supplies and wrapping gifts (and eating delicious sweets), this might be the almost perfect side gig for you.
A professional, optimistic personality and the ability to take the initiative on daily tasks is VERY important as micro-managing is not something we wish to do. Instead, we want to train you on the playbook (our packaging standards), and let you run with the proverbial ball!
- Starting pay rate: $9/hour with potential for pay increase within 60 days.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Commercial kitchen and/or grocery experience is preferred but not required.
As a Packaging Clerk, some of your duties will include:
- processing and packaging finished products for pickup, local delivery or shipping based on packaging procedures and wrapping standards.
- assembling boxes of all sizes.
- printing and apply labels to orders and boxes
- printing and organizing pick lists and packing slips for all orders.
- maintaining all product packaging and shipping supply inventory logs daily and notifying management of what should be reordered immediately.
- cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas, tools, and equipment.
- restocking all packaging supplies and keeping area organized, clean and sanitized at all times.
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including night, weekends, and holidays.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior, have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able to operate scales, computers and printers as needed. Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift. This role also requires vertically transferring trays up to 5 lbs., from 7” to 64” for up to 10 hours, and vertically/horizontally transferring items up to 50 lbs., from 5” to 36”, for a distance up to 36 feet for up to 10 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations, while achieving and maintaining a Food Handlers permit.
- Be a self-starter and be willing to wear many hats in a busy bakery environment.
- Have a sharp eye for detail and very high presentation standards.
- Have an optimistic, can-do attitude and willingness to assist the team.
- Have reliable transportation to work (Note: We are located directly on the DART Rail line in Downtown Dallas).
If this sounds like you, we invite you apply by sending your resume to email@example.com Subject: Packaging Clerk Applicant.